Wednesday 7 April 2010

It's the election, stupid...

So apologies for the light blogging of late, but I have been on my jolly holidays, as well as under somewhat of a cosh at work.

My Easter break was spent largely at my parents' house in France in a slightly cheesy/baguette-y/alcoholic haze, but without any form of media interference apart from the occasional interruption from Radio 4 (long wave). As I was arriving back into the UK on Tuesday, aware that the election had finally been called but not much else, I began to wonder what the differences would be about this election - my first as an activist and member of a Political Party.

It seems the main difference thus far is Facebook messages. Facebook messages and Twitter messages. Facebook messages, Twitter messages, and e-mails. Every inbox I own has been inundated with requests for canvassing help, telephone canvassing help, and invitations to see various of the great and good of the Conservative Party speak at events around the capital. It looks like it's going to be a busy month, and I can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment